About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 8 July 2005

Fear to feel...

“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself...” - Rick Riordan'


Precisely the polarities
Parenthesizing pleasure
Persuade us to anesthetize
The love we fear to feel.

A train of trivialities,
Buried, becomes treasure,
As we sentimentalize
A boredom that was real.

How might we find a fantasy?
That strides into the heart,
Awakening the winter wind
Bearing death and pain?

How might we live an ecstasy?
That picks our joys apart,
Leaving what we love behind
On wings, on winds, in chains?

Nick G

No comments:

Post a Comment