About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 18 October 2004

Face the firing squad!...

“You live but once; you might as well be amusing…” - Coco Chanel'


Quarterly meeting with the Assistant Governor started on time.

We were reminded to present our departmental brief short and concise. If possible we target to complete the briefing by 5 p.m. The secretariat even showed a model presentation brief from one of the department but received mix reactions from the rest.

My briefing took longer than expected with a lot of queries relating to shortages. Somehow, AG was not too happy on how we manage our outsourced agents. He instructed us not to give too much ‘face’ to these people. According to him, the customer is always right. To me, an attitude that can lead to failure in a business, but what is the alternative?

Other Heads of Department were frantically signaling me not to argue. Of course they want the meeting to end fast. Everyone wants to go home, to be in time for the berbuka.

No comments:

Post a Comment