About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 6 October 2004

Looking for greener pasture...

“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one...” - John Lennon


Lunch with Zila and Rok at the warong Ikan bakar behind the Istana. Met up with a few more ladies from the Treasury department. The warong is so popular that we have to wait a while for people to finish eating before we could have our seats. There was also a long queue for the ikan bakar. We managed to conquer one long table to seat all nine of us.

Had the chance to listen to gossips and updates on my former department. Could feel the discontentment and frustration on how things were managed there. Recently the number of staff resigning from the dealing room increased tremendously. And had somehow affect moral and performance of others.

Zila and her Director got to do something about this. If not, soon they would lose all the skilled and experienced dealers. Or worst case, they may resort to outsource the treasury operations to external fund managers.

No comments:

Post a Comment