About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 14 January 2005

Uncle Sam’s Invitation...

“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life…” - Confucius 


I was quite surprised when the management decided to send me to Washington D.C. end February to attend the '2005 Banknotes Seminar'. To be nominated to attend such seminars every year is quite an honor. Last year I attended the ‘2004 Currency Conference’ in Rome and the year before ‘2003 High Security Printing’ in Shanghai. The management has also approved for a few days attachment program with the FRB Richmond.

As the seminar date is nearing, a lot of administrative works need to be fast-tracked. The morning was spent finalizing travel arrangements and hotel bookings. The Corporate Services Department helped to arrange for Diplomatic Note from Wisma Putra then only submit application for US Visa on-line. The last time I was in the USA was in 1989 where I attended the ‘JP Morgan Reserve Management Seminar’ in New York. We spent almost a week on holiday after that in LA and San Diego.

My Overseas Travelogue: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment