About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 16 May 2005

Friends never say goodbye...

“Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction...”  - Antoine de Saint

You walked beside me in our youth
Your friendship solid and innocent in truth
The sound of your laughter echoed in the air
I remember your smile and the sun in your hair

You walked beside me in our early years
Together we boldly faced our childhood fears
The sky was so blue as we lay in the grass
But just like the sunshine youth never lasts

You walk beside me forever in my heart
As the impish child you were at the start
The memories we share of all the hours we spent
In those summers we had which were heaven sent

You walked beside me in my dreams last night
With a rose in your hands and a face full of light
We sat together beneath the old oak tree
And despite all your sorrows bought comfort to me

(Author unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment