About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 31 May 2005

Calories to burn...

“Good books don't give up all their secrets at once....” - Stephen King

'

This morning we stopped at Restaurant 23 Jam for roti canai breakfast.

We ate in silence, each loss in own thoughts. Hubby sent me to office and we planned to meet at lunch time. The OD Sector quarterly meeting lasted nearly four hours. By the time we finished, my back was stiff with numbness.

Hubby came at 1 p.m. and we had Nasi Ayam lunch at Aji Don at Sri Hartamas. We met Raymond at his office to choose pattern for the laminated flooring. He followed us to our apartment at Putramas to take measurement of the bedrooms and submit estimates. Felt disappointed that the defects were still not repaired. It has been 3 weeks since we submitted the complaints. In a week's time we have to come again to inspect. Meanwhile, we have to talk to contractors to finalize design and specification.

Tonight, we went to the club to sweat it out, hubby, on the treadmill and I, on the exercise bike. Followed by a round of squash till we're flat exhausted. Then we subject our bodies to the sauna and the steam room until sweat flow like tap water out of our pores. Nasi Ayam Kampung for dinner filled up hungry tummies and replenished lost calories.

Tonight we slept like contented babies and didn't even hear the blaring alarm in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment