About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 27 July 2022

Masjid Pintal Tali, Penang - 1820

“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain...” - Dolly Parton

(Masjid Pintal Tali, Penang)

5.417333 100.334301
05°25′02.4″N 100°20′03.48″E

The old Masjid Pintal Tali is located on Jalan Pintal Tali. Masjid Pintal Tali was built in 1820 and was built along a street known as 'Rope Walk' because on this street there used to be houses that make hand-spun ropes for ships. In 1981, the mosque, better known as Masjid Melayu Pintal Tali, was renamed to Masjid An-Nur. The name Masjid An-Nur did not last long when it was changed back to its original name, Masjid Pintal Tali in 1986.

Masjid Pintal Tali used to be the base for the Malay White Flag secret society.

(A big signage)
(A street known as 'Roap Walk')
(The main gate was locked)
(Another barricade to the main entrance)
(Motorcycle parking space)
(Komtar building in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment