About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 4 November 2004

Iftar for BAKTI...

“I'm not afraid of death; I just don't want to be there when it happens.” - Woody Allen


For the Muslims, Ramadhan is a special month of the year. It is a time for inner reflection, devotion to God and self-control.

And during this auspicious month BAKTI has arranged special programs. Besides having the regular kuliyah and ceramah during lunchtime, we have arranged for the Amil to be at the surau to collect the zakat fitrah. The other day we distributed bubur lambuk from Kg Baru for all Muslim staff. We did a campaign together with ABIM to collect cloths for the needy and also a campaign for fund raising for the South Thailand tragedy.

Tonight, we gathered the muslim staff for iftar at the café. We have the honor of Ustaz Wan Ali Wan Jusoh from UTM to start the majlis with tazkirah and later to lead us perform the terawih. The response was very good, we even have most head of departments to join the iftar.

We pray to Alláh to make this Ramadhán a means for us to attain Taqwa, to earn forgiveness for our sins, to gain access to Al-Jannah where we can meet our Lord and enjoy His good pleasure. Amin…

No comments:

Post a Comment