About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 7 November 2004

The gates of heaven...

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be...” - Douglas Adams


We slept again for a while after subuh.

We promised Noh and Shah that we will be at the cemetery in Klang around 10 a.m. Stopped to buy white cloth for the batu nisan. Mak and Hafiz were there too. It was this time of the year again when we came together to clear the area around the graves. By the time we arrived, they had finished raking the leaves and cleared some underbrush. The markings of names were long gone and we couldn’t possibly find them if we were to come on our own. It is about time that the pieces of wood to mark the graves are replaced with proper gravestones, with proper inscriptions of names on them.

And in this month of Ramadhan, we read the yasin and recited doa for those who have left us. "O Allah! Grant us goodness in this world and goodness in the Hereafter and save us from the fire. Amin…"

No comments:

Post a Comment