About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 16 March 2021

Masjid Raja Muda Musa in Semenyih - 1920

“Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game…” - Babe Ruth

Strategically located at the junction)

02 57’04.08”N 101 50’41.56”E
2.951135, 101.844879


(The gate is closed after prayer time)

Raja Muda Musa Mosque is a Qariah Mosque located in the town of Semenyih under the district of Hulu Langat, Selangor. It is a center of worship for the local community. The original Raja Muda Musa Mosque existed since the 1920s and was made of wood. The name of this mosque was given in conjunction with the name of Sultan Musa Ghiatuddin Riayat Shah who became the Raja Muda of Selangor from 1916.

(A newer mosque on the same site as the old mosque)
(The view from outside the fence)

In 1963, a new mosque was built on top of the existing building as part of the roof of the mosque had collapsed. The mosque is located at a junction and by the side of the old Kuala Lumpur - Seremban road and is often a stopover point for road users who want to perform their prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment