About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Busut Bukit Malawati...

“Travel is never a matter of money but of courage...” - Paolo Coelho

(The Sultan relaxing place facing the ocean)

On this hill there is also the Malawati Mound which is believed to be the Sultan Ibrahim's resting place. The 12 foot high mound was where the Sultan used to watch cockerel fights. The name Malawati is also believed to be taken from this mound. According to Sanskrit, 'mala' means dirty while 'wati' is clean with flora and fauna.

(A hut on top of the mound)
(A large rock for seating at the lookout point)

No comments:

Post a Comment