About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Bukit Malawati Lighthouse

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore…”- Andre Gide

(Malawati Lighthouse and the rows of cannons)

The beautiful lighthouse is also called Altingsburg Lighthouse. This lighthouse was built in 1905 and named after the then Dutch Governor. This towering structure was to replace the original one constructed by the Dutch earlier during their occupation. 

(The sad looking signage)
(The Lighthouse)
(The description of the lighthouse)

Used extensively during the British colonial period, the lighthouse’s beacon continues to shine and function as a guide for vessels navigating the Straits of Malacca till this day.

(Also known as Altingsburg Lighthouse)
(A guide for sea navigation)
(Still standing strong since 1905)

No comments:

Post a Comment