About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 17 March 2021

Jugra Baitul Hilal Observatory...

"If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor…" - Eleanor Roosevelt

(Baitul Hilal Bukit Jugra)

02°50′09.51″N 101°25′01.84″E
2.835976, 101.417177


Next to the Jugra lighthouses is Baitul Hilal under the Selangor Mufti Department where new moon sightings are conducted. The method used to determine the beginning of fasting in the month of Ramadhan, Eidilfitri in the month of Shawal and EidilAdha in in the month of Zulhijjah is based on Rukyah or Hilal Observation and Hisab or based on calculation. There are about 30 Baitul Hilal observatories all over Malaysia where the sighting of the moon is conducted.

(alternative path to Baitul Hilal and the lighthouses)

The Jugra Baitul Hilal is also use as a training centre on Ilmu Falak, the study of the astrology in Islam.

No comments:

Post a Comment