About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 17 March 2021

The Old Wells of Jugra...

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up..." -Thomas A. Edison

(An old well in situ)

02°50′11.16″N 101°24′48.97″E
2.836434, 101.413602

(Clear signage by the main road)
(The area has been cleared of bushes)

Eight wells have been identified in the Jugra Heritage Land Site. We found two wells within the grounds of the museum. Archaeological work around found fragments of ceramic, buttons, coins and building materials prove that the wells have been used as a source of fresh water supply to the residents of the Police Station and traders who stop in Jugra.
 
(The well could be seen from the main road)
(Remains of a brick wall next to the well)
(The well at the foot of the hill is quite deep)

One other old well is located at the foot of Jugra Hill about 200 metres from the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment