About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 16 March 2021

Hutan Lipur Sungai Tekala

“Get busy living or get busy dying…” - Stephen King

(Not many visitors during the CMCO)

3.058477, 101.872634
03 03’30.52”N, 101 52’21.48”E

(The entrance is by the roadside)
(The facilities were developed since 1982)
(The fees for the facilities)

Sungai Tekala Recreational Forest is located about 43 km from Kuala Lumpur in the Hulu Langat area close to Semenyih Dam. It forms part of the Sungai Lalang Forest Reserve which in turn is part of State Park Forest, also known as Taman Warisan Negeri Selangor.

(No other visitors at this time of the day)
(Even the ticket booth is un-attended)
(Warning posters, the do and don'ts)

This stretch of unspoilt lowland dipterocarp forest is a very popular place for local residents to picnic alongside a scenic river. We could have a picnic and bathe in its crystal clear water or hike in the pristine rain forest. It gets busy at weekends and during public or school holidays but the rest of time it is never crowded.

(Part of Sg Lalang Forest Reserve)

No comments:

Post a Comment