About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 17 March 2021

The heritage mosque of Masjid Alaeddin, Selangor

“An old thing becomes new if you detach it from what usually surrounds it…” - Robert Bresson
  
(The historical Alaeddin Mosque)

GPS: 02°51′48.33″N 101°26′23.49″E
2.863426, 101.439858

In 2008, the historical Alaeddin Mosque also known as Masjid Bandar was gazetted as a National Heritage Site. The mosque was built around the same time as Istana Bandar between 1903 and 1905, and was officially opened in 1906 by Almarhum Sultan Sir Alaeddin Sulaiman Shah Ibni Raja Muda Musa.

(Masjid DiRaja Sultan Alaeddin)
(The view of the mosque from the parking area)

This heritage mosque architectural design is influenced by the Deli Sultanate from North Sumatra, Indonesia. Sultan Alaeddin used to deliver sermons here. Recently when we visited the mosque, it was undergoing major renovation so daily prayers are performed in a temporary prayer hall at the back of the mosque.

(A side entrance to the prayer hall)
(The domes and the minaret)
(Covid-19 sanitization program)

No comments:

Post a Comment