About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Meriam Penggawa (Chief Cannon) of Bukit Malawati...

“Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown.” – Claude Bernard

(The mystery of Meriam Penggawa)

A penggawa is the sultan's most trusted proctor. The cannon was brought to Jugra, Selangor's second capital, to be displayed there after it was discovered in 1966 in Sungai Buloh. However, it was said that the cannon refused to stay put and was brought here to guard the old sultans.

According to folklore, the Meriam Penggawa is a sacred cannon and was said to explode on its own when a calamity is about to befall the Selangor Royal Family. Thus it is always wrapped in yellow cloth to prevent it from blasting itself.

(The cannon being kept in the mausoleum compound)

No comments:

Post a Comment