About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Batu Hampar Bukit Malawati...

“The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.”– Sir Richard Burton

(Execution Rock of Bukit Malawati)

Batu Hampar which was originally the mooring stone of the ark at Pengkalan Batu Buruk. It was brought to the entrance of Malawati Fort by Nakhoda Omar on the instructions of Sultan Ibrahim to use as a place to play checkers and congkak. According to another folklore, the flat large boulder is a site where captured traitors and enemies were beheaded in the Sultanate era.

(A large flat stone brought from the port)
(Where traitors were beheaded)
(Located at the entrance of the fort)

No comments:

Post a Comment