About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Seven Wells Bukit Malawati...

“Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you...”

(The remains of Telaga Tujuh) 

Telaga Tujuh is located at the foot of Bukit Malawati behind the old Post Office. It is easily accessible by car from the main road.

Originally, there was a well which contain seven springs that never dry up even during the droughts. The wells were in used during the 18th century by the residents around the area. Now, only a few remain and the rest lay buried.

Some visitors use the water from the well to fulfil their vows or for medicinal purposes.

(Driving pass the old Post Office)
(Jalan Telaga Tujuh behind the old mosque)
(The English translation could be better)
(The wells were kept in a fenced compound)
(The remains of the seven wells)
(A cyclist track and a footpath for trekkers)
(The tracks have been cleared of bushes)
(One can trek up the hill from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment