About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 17 March 2021

Old Kuala Langat District Office...

“I'm not one of these people who thinks everything in the past is great and everything modern is terrible. But I do think cities should be a mix of old things and new things…” - Marc Almond

(The ruins of old District Office)

02°50′07.91″N 101°24′50.36″E
2.835532, 101.413989


(The bushes has been cleared)
(Old District Office and a court) 

The ruins which used to house the Kuala Langat District Office is situated on the slope of Jugra Hill. It was built in 1876 as the financial and legislative centre of the state of Selangor. It is also a significant historical monument which provides a clearer picture on the English Residence rule of Selangor. A court was also located in the same building.

(The two storey building made of granite/bricks) 
(The ruins dated back in 1876)

It is a two-story building made from granite and clay-brick materials, a modern construction of its time. And from the remains of its original roof, researchers found out that it was made from the same material as that of Istana Bandar in Jugra.

2 comments:

  1. The above was built by clay brick not granite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right. The walls were clay-brick materials.

      Delete