About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Bukit Malawati Fort...

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail”– Ralph Waldo Emerson

(The main entrance of the Fort) 

Bukit Malawati was the administrative center and stronghold of the Selangor Sultanate in the late 18th and early 19th century. It is a heavily fortified fort once stood on the summit. It was built during the reign of Sultan Ibrahim to fight against the Dutch. 

The fort was built with solid stones arranged closely. Almost half of Bukit Malawati was built with stone pillars. After the Dutch took over, the Fort was repaired and equipped with better cannons to reinforce it.

(Need a little cleaning up)
(The remains of the protecting wall)
(The protecting rock wall of the fort)
(One of the many entrance to the fort)
(The rock wall is still strong)
(A short flight of stone steps)
(The Execution Rock at the entrance)
(The guard on duty)
(A large boulder, too heavy to relocate)

No comments:

Post a Comment