About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Masjid Lama Pekan Kuala Selangor

“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude…” - Oprah Winfrey

(The old mosque is under renovation)

03°20′28.38″N 101°14′55.54″E
3.341217, 101.24876

(A notice on the temporary mosque location)

At the foot of Bukit Melawati stood Masjid Lama Pekan Kuala Selangor. We used to perform our prayers in this old mosque years ago when we came to visit Bukit Melawati with our Kawasaki Vulcan. As I remember it, the old mosque was rectangular in shape with a muazzin tower and does not have a dome. The mosque looked antique with the walls decorated with Quranic verses calligraphy. The prayer hall used to have many pillars and a little gloomy.

(Remnants of the old mosque)
(The new Muazzin tower)

The old mosque is currently under massive renovation and upgrading. Most of the old structures are demolished to give way to new modern architectures. We could still see some remnants of the old mosque, which may be kept for historical purposes.

With the consent of the Selangor Sultan, there is a proposal to rename the old mosque to Masjid Raja Lumu Kuala Selangor.

(The model of the new modern mosque)

No comments:

Post a Comment